Surely they work on a way more powerful cluster, but the topology is composed
by just one spout. No parallelization, no bolts, for a total of one worker, so
1 thread in a jvm. Even if I had 100 cores like them it shouldn't make any
difference. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Such a topology will assign it's only spout to a worker in a node: so, the
multi-node cluster is pointless. Meanwhile, regarding the number of cores, one
executor cannot be at the same time on multiple cores, not being a multi-thread
process.

Is there some Storm or Java behavior that I'm not aware of?

Thank you,

Alessio

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​