IMO, there are tow scenarios:

1. Storm is in dead. No one uses it anymore, and no one needs security patches,
etc.
2. Storm is in maintenance mode. While new features may not be added, there are
enough contributors left tp at least address any security concerns.

Wether we pursue the attic o projectr continuation is really up to the
community. Anyone who want to step up and help continue the project should be
considered a PMC candidate.

As I’ve said in other threads, I’m willing to act as PMC chair whatever the PMC
decides.

But for now we have ne official liaison to ther ASF board. PMC members need to
elect a chair, whether we choose to continue or head to the attic.

I would lean toward lowering the bar for PMC membership to anyone interested in
ongoing maintenance.

I’m still willing to serve as the board liaison (PMC Chair) in either case of
retirement or continuation. I’d also support anyone else willing to take the
position.  The position needs to be filled either way.

This is a decision that affects both developers and users. Thank you Aaron for
bringing it to the attention of the  broader community.

-Taylor