Hi,

I currently working on a project which looks like yours.

We are using vert.x for implementing web services. Each request is
formatted as json and sent to a kafka topic. After that, we have a storm
topology (using a KafkaSpout) which performs request parameters extraction
and data enrichment on each message before writing them into hbase.

In a development environment (one Vertx instance and storm cluster running
on the same host ) we actually handle more than 10K req/sec.

Hope this helps!

--
Florian HUSSONNOIS
Tel +33 6 26 92 82 23