Just to add additional information to this tread.

   - I am using custom kryo serializers that I have registered.
   - I turned on debug logging and I see debug messages (in my serializer)
   for the serialization of the event put in the tuple but I see no
   corresponding deserialization debug log so it looks like deserialization
   isn't even being attempted.
   - The .toString() on the tuple looks like this: (source: parse:30,
   stream: data, id: {-8767240739148856227=2139281104057768924}, [null])
   - I see no errors in the logs from storm

Thanks,