Thanks for your answer. However this is fine as a technique to enable me
to fire an 'action' to lookup the customer but I was hoping that the
customer browser would be a nice action/jsp combo to itself which could
be told to 'return' back to the originating calling action.

I might want to include the ability to lookup a customer in 20 or 30
forms, not just order entry.

It's the modular approach known to console-based and gui based
applications. My question is: how does this translate in struts? Does
it?

Stuart