Know nothing about scaffold, but looking at the source seems like you need
to specify a "Helper" class thats a "ProcessBean" along with a method name
as a pair of parameters separated by a semi colon.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-struts/contrib/scaffold/
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons-sandbox/scaffold/

e.g.

<action path="..."
              parameter="myPackage.MyHelperObject;myMethod">
</action>

Using above example your MyHelperObject class should then have a method as
follows

public classs MyHelperObject implements
org.apache.commons.scaffold.util.ProcessBean {

   Object myMethod(Object myProcessBean) {

But as I've never looked at scafold before, apologies if this is load of
rubbish.

Niall