The text field is also correctly populated based on the values in the hashmap
(populated from database before showing the form). So the filed is correctly
linked to the hashmap.

I have even tried using an alphabet as a separator but that doesn't work
either. But if I remove the hyphen (2241923545 as key) then the hashmap is
populated, but I wouldn't be able to get the two
values separated out if there is no separated. I could multiply one number with
million and add another number to come up with a single number, but it will
eventually create a problem as these keys grow.

If there a setting for struts that need to be changed to allow non numeric keys?

Thanks,
Prasanth