On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 01:16 Zahid Rahman <zahidr1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> .exe  and  DLLs (C,C++) have unknown internals (AFAIK DLLs can't be
> decompiled).

They're just code like anything else. And I don’t quite understand why
there’s a distinction made here between reverse engineering an exe and a
jar.

I also chose Java because one can decompile  classes , so any unknown
> behaviour can be identified ,

Decompiling a jar is a small part of understanding its behavior in a
system. A variety of mechanisms can alter library behavior during load and
run time, plus the additional layer of abstraction from the JVM, plus some
indeterminism depending on what GC and JRE decisions were made.

In any case, unless you’re running on bare metal and assuming we’re
ignoring cpu unknowns, we’re working in black box environments most of the
time anyway—it’s just that most of the time we have the luxury of being
able to ignore this.

--
em: davelnew...@gmail.com
mo: 908-380-8699