Hi,

I have a question regarding connection pools and DB user rights.

When you use connection pool objects you specify an user who will be the
owner of all the Connection objects in the pool.
I guess that the most usual case is to specify an user which has the DB
permissions to execute all the DB operations that needs to be executed
from the application. You also create users, add them to roles.
The users login to the application and authorization is configured for
the parts of the application, but underneath all the users use
connections with rights to execute all the DB operations.

I don't want to create users and roles in my webapp. I would like to
allow the user to enter a real DB/password which I want to use to make
the DB connection so the rights of the user to make a given DB operation
will be configured in the DB.

Is there a support for this or am I on my own to implement a solution
for it?

Thank you,

Tamas