C.F. Scheidecker Antunes wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to have a bean with a data structure that gets populated when the application starts and then this bean is available to the entire application. The data structure will get populated via a data base. I need to call the database just once to populate the data structure. In case the database changes I would restart the server and have this bean populated again. Hence all the sessions can query the data structure within this bean. How can I achieve this?

At least two easy options:

(1) Create, populate, store from a servlet that is run on initialization
(2) Create, populate, store from a Struts plugin

Restarting the server seems a little drastic for a database change; you might want to considerr a more user-friendly option! :)

Dave