On 11/26/05, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 11/25/05, Tamas Szabo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > What do you mean by " In short, you have to send IE some HTML before you
> > send it the bytes of the PDF, or it will complain."?
>
> I'm not entirely sure you're seeing the same problem-- I never get
> 'page contains both secure and nonsecure elements' because everything
> in my apps goes over ssl.

Well, that's why I said that it's a strange behaviour.
Because I'm pretty sure that everything goes over ssl in our app too.
And I tried executing the exact same code using a GET request and then I
don't get
the confirmation box.

> > I think that your solution works because the redirect thing makes a GET
> > request, not because you sent a html page to the browser?
>
> The trick to solving it was to send IE some text before trying to send
> it the bytes of the PDF over ssl.  It was so long ago now that I don't
> remember.

I still don't understand what do you mean by sending IE some text?
Your whole webapp consisted just from a pdf generator?
I guess not. And if not then why do you say that you sent some text
to IE before sending the PDF? HTTP is stateless and that redirect
is just another request, so I don't see why should that make a difference.
I mean that the difference should be the GET instead of  the POST.
By the way, I think that this is a bug in IE.

> Have you tried to simpy change the method of the form to GET?
>
> No... all the forms are POSTed.  It's an age old debate. :)  In any
> case it keeps people from bookmarking things they shouldn't.  And it
> works, so I'm not touching it now!

Well I can understand that you don't want to touch it! :-)

I'm not trying to bug you I just want to know the exact circumstances in
which this
?error? occurs.

Thanks,
Tamas