On 2/9/07, Chaudhary, Harsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just tried it out and it does not work.

My code look like this:

I am using indexted='true' in my JSP file so an element looks like:

maxlength="35" indexed="true"/>

The rendered JSP looks like:

<input type="text" name="element[0].addressLine1" maxlength="35"
size="20" value="Addr one">

Usually you would use this within a <logic:iterate> tag - something
like the following where you have a getAddressList() property that
returns your list:

 <logic:iterate id="addressList" name="form" property="addressList">
 </logic:iterate>

By using an "id" on the iterate tag thats the same as your list
property name it then generates the following kind of thing...

 <input type="text" name="addressList[0].addressLine1" ...>
 <input type="text" name="addressList[2].addressLine1" ...>

My validation XML looks like:

          <form name="AddressForm">
                        <field property="addressLine1"
indexedListProperty="element" depends="required">
                                <msg name="required"
key="label.error.address.required"/>
                        </field>
          </form>

 <form name="AddressForm">
     <field property="addressLine1"
          indexedListProperty="addressList" depends="required">
 </form>

Niall

Also, keeping in mind that I have 10 address fields which are required
only if the fields are visible (it is a show hide kind of thing using
JavaScript), is this even a good way to go in my case.

Or should I just go ahead and build a custom validator.

Harsh.