I have found a solution to this. The good news is it is a simple
pass-through to the dojo contentpane.

changing this:

<s:div theme="ajax" href="PersonByAge_input.action" executeScripts="true" />

to this:

/>"       scriptSeparation="false" executeScripts="true" ></div>

fixes the issue. Could the developers add a passthrough to the dojo
scriptSeparation property?