What happens if the custom JavaScripts are not used, but the
validation element is used?

If the JavaScript seems to be culprit, then I'd use FireBug or
something to watch the request, to see if there is something funky
going on there. The server-side can only handle what it receives.

-Ted.

Server side.

On 3/23/07, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it the server-side or client-side validation that is firing when it
> should not?
>
> If it is the client-side, and the custom scripts are based on
> Prototype, there could be DOM-related issues, since Prototype rewrites
> the DOM.
>
> -Ted.

> > I have this field on a web page:
> >
> > <s:textfield name="user.zip.zip" label="%{getText('user.zip.zip')}"
> > size="10" onblur="zipChanged(this.value
> );"onfocus="clearCityAndStateFields();"
> > />
> >
> > and this validator configured for it:
> >
> >     <field name="user.zip.zip">
> >         <field-validator type="requiredstring">
> >             <message key="requiredstring" />
> >         </field-validator>
> >     </field>
> >
> > The only way I can pass the "Zip Code is required" validation is to
> remove the
> > validator entry.  All the other fields on the page work
> > fine with their validators.  Is there some issue with Javscript?  This
> is
> > the only field wired to script.
> >
> > --
> > Scott