--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> what about simple type conversion? How will you ever
> have non-string coming from html? Does this mean we
> are back to domain object with only strings?

S2 (and others) already do simple type conversion.

You will "never" have non-strings coming from the
*browser* because that's how HTTP works.

You already *had* a domain object with non-strings,
but were using a *string* validator to check it,
which obviously won't work.

I wrote:
>> So create a Zipcode datatype that allows for +4,
>> use a regex or type-specific validator and a
>> converter, and you have your "rich" domain model.
>> Putting a zipcode in an integer is not a good idea,

>> even if it *is* just for the US.

I would imagine you could just as easily validate
your converted Zipcode datatype, even doing a lookup
if you really wanted.

But you *still* don't want a zipcode to be an
*integer*.

d.