Struts 2 uses a different approach to loading the configuration. The
initial struts.xml is loaded from the root of the classpath. The
easiest way to set that up is to put the struts.xml under the classes
folder. The "boostrap" struts.xml can then load whatever other
struts.xml's you would like using the include element.

HTH, Ted
<http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>