> First of all, put that constants in struts.properties file next to
> struts.xml
> there are some problems with constants defined in struts.xml, some of them
> does not work correctly

Yes, you are right, for example constant "struts.locale" still is not loaded
correctly when it is in struts.xml file.

> Then, you can create your namespace and mappings for images and csses, this
> will add security,
> and you will be able to hide real resource names

I do not understand well. Do you mean to create new package in  sruts.xml and
add an action which serves static content ?

> Also, to use restful urls you need only DefaultActionMapper, the other ones
> are parameter automappers of restful urls, I do not use them

Yes, i think about it also, and as i mentioned before, i create workaround own
mapping to serve static content which extends DefaultActionMapper and serve
static content when action name taken from DefaultActionMapper contains dot.

--
Mateusz Nowakowski