Pretty strange indeed. Did you remove all the validation annotations on the
field setters?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : beto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : vendredi 10 août 2007 11:56
À : user@struts.apache.org
Objet : RE: S2 : Validation per Action method - ideas?

Hi again, and thank you for your answer.

I've tried using @Validations at the method level as you point out. I'll try
to illustrate:

I have an action, not annotated with @Validation, with three action methods;
input, execute and confirm (custom action method).

The input method has no annotations and is not validated as expected.

The execute method is annotated with @Validations:

@Validations(requiredStrings={  @RequiredStringValidator(fieldName="amount",
message="Amount is required", key="amount.required") }, regexFields={
@RegexFieldValidator(fieldName="amount", expression="^\\d+$",
message="Amount has to be numeric", key="amount.numeric") })
public String execute() throws Exception {

The confirm method is also annotated with @Validations:

@Validations(expressions={ @ExpressionValidator(expression="confirm ==
true", message="test") })
public String confirm() throws Exception {

And here comes the confusing part. When I call my action with no method name
indicator (say MyAction, not MyAction_confirm), both fields (amount and
confirm) is validated. I just want to validate "amount" when execute is
called and only the field "confirm" when the confirm method is called.

What am I doing wrong?

beto

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/struts2-core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/va