On 10/2/07, Kothari, Kailash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thaks Rick.
>
> This will give me an instance of the parent bean OR the child bean.
>
> What I need is a child bean pre populated with data from the parent
> bean.

Ok, so just get ParentBean and then populate your subclassed bean...

public SomActionMethod()  {

         BaseFormBean beanFromSession =
(BaseFormBean)session.getAttribute(mappingName);

         CurrentFormSubClass myForm = (CurrentFormSubClass)form;

       BeanUtils.porpulate( myForm, beanFromSession );

     //done, now your myForm is populated with the one from the session