hi,

Sorry I tested example1.jsp and it is not the same use-case as mine.

If you try example4.jsp in the showcase under Ajax remote DIV you will see the same problem I have happening there i.e. you have to wait 5 seconds while it displays "loading now" which I think is wrong.

Now I strongly SUSPECT this is what's going on:

- There was a new "delay" parameter which I suppose means to not render the DIV until "delay" time has elapsed. example4.jsp sets "delay" to 1000 millisecs but the delay is of 5000 sharp smells like a BUG. - The updateFreq means after first render how long to wait for the next render which is 5 secs and works fine.

By observation I think there is a BUG that "delay" is being ignored and updateFreq is being used as "delay" instead, which explains why you have to wait initially 5 seconds in example4.jsp and not 1 second.

Fixing example4.jsp will also fix my problem ....

TIA,
Regards,
Giovanni