The showcase 2.1.1 remote DIV example1.jsp works just fine. It immediately calls the action that renders the DIV upon start i.e. you never see the "Initial Content" message because the DIV is rendered immediately.

The only difference between my code and the showcase example AFAICT is that I use Tiles but I will need to investigate more ...

regards,
Giovanni

Giovanni Azua wrote:
btw Sorry I missed including that I experience this issue with Struts 2.1.1 build yesterday from svn ... I know, I love living on the edge :) no seriously for my app I have only found this little small issue everything else works like a dream :)

Best regards,
Giovanni

Giovanni Azua wrote:
hi!

In version 2.0.x the remote DIV UI tag was initially rendering the content of the DIV by immediately invoking the target action. In version 2.1.x on the other hand, remote DIV does not initially render the content of the target action, I did some research and tried using the new parameter autoStart="true" but does not work either. In version 2.1.x you have to wait the updateFreq before you see anything rendered ...

Please have a look at the example with title *"Ajax UI tags were moved to the new dojo plugin ..."* placed under: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2WIKI/Troubleshooting+guide+migrating+from+Struts+2.0.x+to+2.1.x

The example illustrates using the remote DIV in a JSP before and after migrating to 2.1.x I experience the problem described in exactly that example.

TIA,
regards,
Giovanni