hi,

We have Action class with Employee Object with setters and getters. The
Typeconverter was configured to be called when <EmployeeObject.empId> is
called by the jsp page. We found that convertFromString of type converter is
being called but convertToString is never called. Any idea why this is
happening? The details are as follows:

Type converter:
public class LongConverter extends StrutsTypeConverter {
        public Object convertFromString(Map context, String[] values, Class
toClass) {
         ... ....
        }
        public String convertToString(Map context, Object o) {
        ... ....

in actionClass-conversion.properties located along with the class file in
the same package:
employee.empId=com.comp.util.converter.LongConverter

After some debugging we found that we need to add a new file:
Employee-conversion.properties in the same package of Employee class with
entries:
empId=com.comp.util.converter.LongConverter

and only then the convertToString would be called. I think we should have
only one conversion.prop file instead of 2. Any ideas why this is happening
this way? or am i missing any thing? please help.

cheers,
ravi