Your JSP below looks correct.

If the date picker is on the same page and is working, all I can think of is an ID conflict or the time picker is using the wrong theme.

Have a look at the generated HTML to ensure the dojo tag is included and looks right.
Ensure there's no ID conflict with the other date picker
Ensure it's using the ajax theme
Use FireBug to ensure all the required resources are being loaded (no 404 not found errors)

I don't use it any more but when I did the JSP looked like this:

<s:datetimepicker name="incomingAnswer" displayFormat="h:mm a"
                 type="time"
                 value="%{defaultAnswerTime}"
                 required="true"/>

Belinda Lawson wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to use the datetimepicker tag to enter both a date and a time
independently.  The date portion works fine.  However, I find that when I
use the attribute type="time", my picker does not appear on the page.

My tag looks like this:
<s:datetimepicker label="Start Time " type="time" name="dateRangeStartTime"
displayFormat="HH:mm" />

Can anyone tell me what I've left out in order to get it to render
properly?  I'm on 2.0.9.

Thanks much,
-Belinda