Plus: nothing under WEB-INF can be referenced by a browser, so JSPs stored there can't be called directly.

Minus: nothing under WEB-INF can be referenced by a browser, so JSPs stored there can't be called directly... :-)

It depends on your requirements. But generally you will want to route requests for all but the simplest of pages through an action. By placing the corresponding JSP under WEB-INF, you ensure it can never be accessed *except* through an action.

L.

mojoRising wrote:
Is this considered the Best Practice: Keeping all JSP's under the WEB-INF
directory? We have not done that on my project, I am curious if there are
plus' and minus' to this?

Thanks,
John

The easiest way is to always have the user call an action to get a JSP, even if it is a simple page. You then also ensure that all data necessary for that page has been obtained. The, by placing the JSP's in the WEB-INF directory you will prevent access directly from a browser (only from the s2 dispatcher).

Otherwise, I would suggest a servlet filter or header code for all JSPs that make the necessary checks.

/Ian