Pranav wrote:
Hi,

Now my questions are:
1) If I do the above, do I always have to use the getText way of looking up the
messages? If I use the key attribute of the UI tags, will the overridden
getText methods be still called?
Yes. The Struts2 tags with a key attribute and the s:text tag call the get getText(...) methods of the first TextProvider encountered in the stack. This is usually your action if you extended ActionSupport. Note that if you use the i18n tag it won't work as that tag creates an alternative TextProvider in front of your action.

2) Also is there any major problem with the approach above to solve the
particular prolem I am having?

It seems appropriate for a small number of customers. Create a custom TextProvider and delegate to it from your new base class, providing the customer-specific key.

If this needs to scale out to a large number of customers, change your TextProvider implementation to load a resource bundle for each customer and a default resource bundle (ie. don't use customer specific keys; use customer-specific bundles that take precedence over the default values). Eventually you'll also be able to switch to database-backed resource bundles to add custom customers dynamically if the need arises.

Hope that helps,
Jeromy Evans