Yes. If you don't want to migrate any of your existing Struts 1 JSPs, you can just add Struts 2 to the application, leaving everything else as it is. Later, you can add the Struts 1 plugin to help with migrating existing (Struts 1) views to Struts 2.

L.

Sandy143 wrote:
"If you're not using the plugin, then you configure S1 and S2 completely
separately from each other."

Can I do this if I want to use both S1 and S2 in the same web app (single
web.xml)?

newton.dave wrote:
--- Sandy143 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
With this we will not have ... struts1 config file right ????

struts-config.xml would be completely modified to struts.xml. Am I on the
right path?
Are you trying to use the plugin, or are you trying to run in parallel?

The S1 plugin wraps S1 actions inside S2 actions. There wouldn't be an S1
configuration file.

If you're not using the plugin, then you configure S1 and S2 completely
separately from each other.

Dave