Hi,
I have a problem with my application where actionServlet becomes null in
UNIX environment and works fine in windows XP system. While saving data on
test environment (UNIX) I am getting action servlet as null in My Action
class. The jsp is built dynamically in as below

*JSP code:*

if (newGuide) {

sb.append("<tr>\n");

sb.append("<td align=right colspan=2>\n");

sb.append("<select name=\"actionSelection\">");

sb.append(" <option value=saveOnly>- Save Assessment</option>");

sb.append(" <option value=delete>- Delete Assessment</option>");

sb.append(" <option value=saveSchedule>- Save & Schedule</option>");

sb.append(" <option value=saveRefer>- Save & Refer</option>");

sb.append("</select>");

sb.append(" <input type=\"submit\" name=\"save\"

value=\"Complete\" class=Button >");

sb.append("</td>\n");

sb.append("</tr>\n");

}

* Action Class // Action class used for security *

public void setServlet(ActionServlet actionServlet) {

super.setServlet(actionServlet); // Here I get actionServlet as null

ServletContext servletContext = actionServlet.getServletContext();

WebApplicationContext wac = WebApplicationContextUtils

.getRequiredWebApplicationContext(servletContext);

setIcrProcessor((CareRequestProcessor)wac.getBean("myCareRequestProcesso

r"));

}

Because of this I get null pointer exception in class Main Action Class used
for saving the data.

*Action class code :*

public ActionForward saveHAGuide(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
HttpServletRequest request,

HttpServletResponse response) throws Exception {

String method = "saveHAGuide";

Exception ex = null;

ActionForward forward = null;

AppUser appUser = getAppUser(request);

appUser.methodStart(this, "saveHAGuide");

HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);

String action = request.getParameter("actionSelection"); // Here I get
action as null

Action becomes null and it throws null pointer exception.

As UNIX is case sensitive I checked the request parameter which is
actionSelection in this class and I do not see any problem with it. I don't
know why action servlet becomes null at this point. Please suggest if you
have any idea about this.

Note: This happens only in test environment (UNIX). Works fine in my local
system (Windows XP) .

Thanks and regards,