We are evaluating and prototyping and evaluating struts 2. We really like it.
It is easy to use and powerful. It is just good. Performance is our only
concern. Are you aware of any very high traffic web apps or sites using
Struts 2 ( not struts 1)

also found this, any updates on this,

    OGNL performance detrimental to Struts 2 - Is this still an issue or has
it been resolved?
http://forums.opensymphony.com/message.jspa?messageID=135489