Hardik Shah wrote:
hi
we can get remoteuser using request.getremoteuser() but how we can set it?

-----

One approach is to wrap the request object. Create a Filter, decorate the HttpServletRequest with one the implements setRemoteUser() and delegates all other methods to the original. When getRemoteUser is invoked it checks it's local value first and if not set delegate to the wrapped request object. Only your code needs to be aware of the special implementation in order to set the remote user.

A proxy of HttpServletRequest that does the same thing may also be possible. Not sure...

A better approach is to use the container's authentication as intended so the remoteUser is managed by it..