Struts Two wrote:
Now seeing that Jeromy is working on a new Interceptor, I wonder if all the servers follow the same lookup pattern.

I'm not working on any interceptors related to this.

For JNDI lookups in S2 in the past I've used the DI framework's features rather S2. ie. Both Spring and Guice can be setup to inject dependencies that are looked up via JNDI. Spring or Guice is then responsible for appropriate caching based on the scope of the bean/resource.

I found reusing those easier than writing a custom interceptor to detect @EJB and related annotations in actions.