--- On Fri, 8/29/08, Pablo Vázquez Blázquez wrote:
> I could do it with a global javascript variable "sthChanged",
> but I would have to modify *each* <input> element to add it an
> onchange event to set sthChanged=true when changes.

One-liner of JavaScript to add an onchange handler to all input elements (or
all input elements of a specific class) to change the variable. Another line to
add an onclick to all links on a page to have them call a method to see if
anything had changed.

At least if you're using a half-way decent JavaScript library. I'd focus your
efforts on JavaScript/DOM related lists or groups.

Dave