From: Laurie Harper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:35 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ampersand sign problem

Can you post a code sample of what you are doing? html:text will only escape its output once, so perhaps you are passing it a string that has already been converted into the character entity form (£)?

You could try escape="false", but I'd suggest understanding what's going on first so you're confident that you aren't opening up cross-site-scripting or other Javascript injection vulnerabilities by doing so.

L.

Nayyer Kamran wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to use "ISO-8859-1" char set in my web application. But when I try to display "?" sign using html:text field it displays "£". If I look at the HTML source there I see that "&" is escaped by the character entity "&" so now instead of "£" the value is "£" . Where as if I use simple input field to display this value it work fine.
I believe this is because html:text tag escaping "&" sign.  How I can avoid
this multiple escaping.

I am using jbossAS 4.0.5, Struts 1.2.9.

Any help will be appreciated. Regards,

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, and may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Therefore, any dissemination, distribution or copy of this email or such attached files, or the information contained herein and therein, should be appropriately restricted. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by return email and kindly delete this message and all attachments..