ryan webb wrote:
Hello, first I would like to thank you for reading my email.

I am trying out some examples for uploading a file.  And I always get HTTP
500 error from tomcat.
I can't see why, I followed and copied the example.  For sure I missed
something but I don't know what?
I tried debugging but I failed because IDE don't enter the execute() method.

Ensure you have included the "add on" dependencies described here:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/file-upload.html

There are good examples and explanations for Struts 2.0.x and 2.1.x on that page.