ryan webb wrote:
Thanks for your kind reply but I have commons-fileupload-1.1.1.jar and
commons-io-1.2.jar in my lib folder.  With those jar files included, doesn't
that mean that I should be able to do file uploads automatcally?

Yes. The "unable to load bean MultiPartRequest (jakarta)" message implies there's still a configuration problem though. Is there a "caused by" in the stack trace?

You must be very close. Can you change the name of your file field to something else, say "upload".
Your action should then have the setters:
 void setUpload(File file);
 void setUploadFileName(String fileName);
 void setUploadContentType(String contentType);

That's slightly different than your quoted configuration (as calling the File "file" implies there should be a setFileFileName method). That shouldn't cause a 500 error though.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Jeromy Evans <