Hi all,

I'd like to solicit feedback on the best way to support .rss/.atom
requests when using the rest plugin.

My first thought was to implement a generic ContentTypeHandler for
.rss or .atom requests that expects to be passed a Rome SyndFeed
object, but that implies that the getModel() method would detect that
the request was for .rss/.atom (how?) and construct and return a
SyndFeed in that case.

Alternatively, there's a rome-plugin that provides a RomeResult, which
I've used in the past, but I'm still a bit stuck on how to integrate
with actions built around the rest approach - from my reading of the
convention plugin docs, there's no way to map a result based on the
extension of the request, only the URL.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts; I'd be happy to document any
conclusions for inclusion on the wiki, I imagine this would be a
common need.

Thanks,
Bill

--