On 29/01/2009, at 2:48 PM, Dave Newton wrote:

Bill Stilwell wrote:
To me, this implies that there needs to be code
to map whatever the particular model is to the needs of the RSS feed.

Well yeah.

I think maybe I'm just completely misunderstanding what your system looks like. The systems I've worked on tend to have a pretty orthogonal type hierarchy that makes doing things like this trivial-- it's been only a rare occasion when I've had to convert a slew of completely different types into one format.

Dave

Hi Bill,

Two other options:
- (preferred) define a binding (annotations/xml) that can map the properties of your model(s) to a SyncFeed instance. The ContentTypeHandler performs the mapping and returns a SyncFeed. I'd be surprised if a binding implementation doesn't exist already. - If the resource is always a SyncFeed, then don't try to pretend it's not. eg. Have your action mapper direct the request to a different controller to create the alternative model.

regards,
 Jeromy Evans