Ok. Something started to work.
Not sure though what the problem was.. maybe a couple of
validation files I had left around in WEB-INF/
Now I can validate even my ModelDriven actions by using
ClassName-methodName-validation.xml

so now I have:
package namespace: /admin/Item
s2 action name: update
method name: update
URI: /myapp/admin/Item/update.action
classname: ItemAction
xml-valid: ItemAction-update-validation.xml

but for this validation doesn't work:
package namespace: /admin2
s2 action name: Item_update
method name: update
URI: /myapp/admin2/Item_update.action
classname: ItemAction
xml-valid: ItemAction-update-validation.xml

package configuration (interceptor stack) is the same..
Any hints?

Thank you all guys!
Ciao.
Robi

Roberto Nunnari ha scritto:
Hi Wes.

Wes Wannemacher ha scritto:
I don't think you need the method name in validation file's filename. I would try renaming the file to Item_update-validation.xml.

Didn't help. I even tried to make a new package /admin/Item
and use action names as update, view and edit.. naturally
I renamed the validation file to update-validator.xml
but didn't change anything.

If your intention is to only validate when the method 'update' is being called, you might have to use the Validation annotations rather than the XML file. Remember though that there are a certain set of results ignored by the validation interceptor by default (such as the "input" result).

I tried Annotations yesterday but didn't help neither.

I start to think there is something wrong with my environment..

But.. are you guys sure that xml validation works when
implementing ModelDriven?

Thanks
Robi

-Wes