Hi,
first of all, please bear in mind that the suggested way to work with Syncope
deployments, when in need to customize / extend / adjust the default settings,
configurations and logic is via* Maven project*.

All other means - standalone, deb packages, Docker images, etc, - are fine
either for pure evaluation or for deployments with very limited customization.

In all the Syncope projects I have been involved with, the activities spawn
from initial Maven project generation and continue with code changes (possibly
managed by GIT or other versioning systems) and manual or automated builds and
deployments.

This to stress how difficult is to imagine any non-trivial / non-demo Syncope
deployment which does not involve continuously build and deploy.

Having said that, the reference guide provides information about how to add
each extension to the various submodules of the generated Maven project.
Alternatively, you also have an "all" profile which will enable all available
extensions at once.

HTH
Regards.

--