On Wed, 16 Oct 2019, Eric Pugh wrote:
I’m looking at running Tika Server mode in a Linux box (and sorry, I don’t know the specific flavour….). Is there a nice service script to deal with bring Tika back up if the Linux box is restarted?

Are you using a systemd-based linux, or a different one, eg the older sysv init?

If using systemd, it's pretty easy to write a service file which will start the server on boot, and restart it if it fails. ExecStart generally needs full paths for java stuff, but otherwise is fairly easy, especially when following a systemd tutorial for your chosen flavour!

Nick