Yes, this is very important topic.

I can confirm to remove two of them :
Name: hbase.bulkload.staging.dir
Value: /hbase-staging
Why:
Still Needed: NO

Name: hbase.regionserver.region.transactional.tlog
Value: true
Why:
Still Needed: NO

We need more test for :

Name: hbase_coprocessor_region_classes
Value:
"org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.transactional.TrxRegionObserver,org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.transactional.TrxRegionEndpoint,org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.AggregateImplementation"
Why: Not fully tested to remove it.
Still needed: Yes

There is already a fix that can get rid of this settings. But we need more
test. That is, remove this from installer and see if any issues. We tested it
briefly and it works well, but never get it full QAed. Trafodion now should add
coprocessor at runtime if installer not doing this.

Another one I have comment:

Name: hbase.hregion.impl
Value: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.transactional.TransactionalRegion
Why: Trafodion coprocessor need to invoke a private API of HBase Region, so
have to overwrite this class now. When Trafodion move to HBase 1.2, it is
possible to get rid of it, since HBase R1.2 public one required method for us.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15076?filter=-2
Still Needed: Yes.

IMHO, all other settings should not be mandatory, but kind of
performance/stability tunings. However, I am not the author of those settings,
so not very sure. It is better others to comment more.

Yes, thanks Amanda to bring this up, and I hope you can keep pushing this topic.
I feel some settings there is too old that nobody knows the reason or just
forget, I think testing is a solution: remove it, and test to see if any issue.
But if someone knows that one is MUST-TO-KEEP or DELETE-IT, it is better to
reply.

Thanks,
Ming