Hi there All-

I have been looking over the HDFS/HBase/Zookeeper settings that get set in
the installer and I am wondering if they are all still needed.

If you have requested a setting in the past, could you please add a
description of why it is needed (and if it is still needed)?

Thanks a bunch!

**Note: I know this would have looked much better in a spreadsheet.... but
I want to make sure everyone can see... and email is the best for that!

*HDFS Settings*

Name: namenode_java_heapsize
Value: 1GB (or 1073741824 bytes)
Why:
Still needed:

Name: secondary_namenode_java_heapsize
Value: 1 GB (or 1073741824 bytes)
Why:
Still needed:

Name: dfs_namenode_acls_enabled
Value: true
Why:
Still needed:

*HBase Master Settings*

=HBase Master Config Safety Valve=

Name: hbase_master_distributed_log_splitting
Value: false
Why:
Still needed:

Name: hbase_snapshot_master_timeoutMillis
Value: 600000
Why:
Still needed:

*HBase Region Server Settings *

Name: hbase_coprocessor_region_classes
Value:
"org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.transactional.TrxRegionObserver,org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.transactional.TrxRegionEndpoint,org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.AggregateImplementation"
Why:
Still needed:

Name: hbase_regionserver_lease_period
Value: 600000
Why:
Still Needed:

=HBase RegionServer Config Safety Valve=

Name: hbase.hregion.impl
Value:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.transactional.TransactionalRegion
Why:
Still Needed:

Name: hbase.regionserver.region.split.policy
Value: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy
Why:
Still Needed:

Name: hbase.snapshot.enabled
Value: true
Why:
Still Needed:

Name: hbase.bulkload.staging.dir
Value: /hbase-staging
Why:
Still Needed:

Name: hbase.regionserver.region.transactional.tlog
Value: true
Why:
Still Needed:

Name: hbase.snapshot.region.timeout