Hey you all,

thanks a lot for your answers. I had tried to add the desc/ directory as a
maven resource. However, the UIMA component editor still wouldn't show me my
descriptors to choose from. I have to remove the "exclude: **" entry in the
build path first. Then, the whole directory is copied to the target/classes
directory. I didn't like this approach too much because now I have each
descriptor doubled. But I guess I can exclude the duplicates from any builds by
configuring the appropriate build / package plugin.
I think I will also change it from being a resource to being a source folder.
This way I don't get even a third copy of all descriptors in my
target/resources directory.

Thanks again and a nice weekend to you!

Best,

        Erik