DUCC does have hooks to allow entire machines to be dynamically added or
removed from a running DUCC cluster. So in principal DUCC could be run as
an application under a different resource manager as long as resources were
available at the machine level. It should also be possible to run other
infrastructures under DUCC, for example where a Hadoop/Spark subcluster is
turned on and off as required.

One not cloud friendly aspect of DUCC has been a dependency on a shared
filesystem. There has been work done recently to remove this requirement,
and the latest release can run without a shared FS, but some useful
functionality is not available. Specifically, facilitating the distribution
of user application code to worker machines, and automatically retrieving
user logfiles written to local disk to the DUCC web console.

regards,
Eddie