Yes, I fixed some old dependencies and got rid of the XML errors.  Now I am
getting the following warning when calling the code below...  Seems this was
an old problem that was fixed several UIMA releases ago.  The only old UIMA
thing I have in dependencies is uimafit1.4 which is for some deprecated code
that will eventually be removed.

WARN  [                          uima] SAXTransformerFactory didn't
recognize setting attribute
http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD
WARN  [                          uima] SAXTransformerFactory didn't
recognize setting attribute
http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalStylesheet

    URL resource = getClass().getClassLoader().getResource( descriptorPath);
    XMLInputSource source = new XMLInputSource( resource);
    AnalysisEngineDescription aed  =
UIMAFramework.getXMLParser().parseAnalysisEngineDescription(source);
    ResourceManager manager = UIMAFramework.newDefaultResourceManager();
    HashMap<String, Object> paramap = new HashMap<String, Object>();
    // Set the initial CAS heap size.
    paramap.put( UIMAFramework.CAS_INITIAL_HEAP_SIZE, "1000000");
    // Disable JCas cache.
    paramap.put( UIMAFramework.JCAS_CACHE_ENABLED, "false");
    this.engine = UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine( aed, manager,
paramap);