On 20.03.2018, at 15:31, D. Heinze <dhei...@gnoetics.com> wrote:

> Yes, I fixed some old dependencies and got rid of the XML errors.  Now I am
> getting the following warning when calling the code below...  Seems this was
> an old problem that was fixed several UIMA releases ago.  The only old UIMA
> thing I have in dependencies is uimafit1.4 which is for some deprecated code
> that will eventually be removed.
>
> WARN  [                          uima] SAXTransformerFactory didn't
> recognize setting attribute
> http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD
> WARN  [                          uima] SAXTransformerFactory didn't
> recognize setting attribute
> http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalStylesheet

UIMA is trying to configure the XML parser to avoid potential security
problems. These messages are issued when the underlying XML parser does
not support the respective configuration properties. The code should work
nevertheless although it might be a good idea to check if you have any
additional "old" XML dependencies which might cause the default JDK
XML implementations not to be used, maybe a Xalan?

-- Richard