Hi Marshall,

I tried running the annotationViewer as root and got the same behaviour as I'm getting as a regular user.

When I run it I only see the following on screen:
- input and browse button for "Input Directory"
- input and browse button for "TypeSystem or AE Descriptor File"
- a single View button at the bottom.

It is interesting that I don't see any UI elements for the Output directory as mentioned. I had noticed the screen-shot in "tutorials_and_user_guides.html" didn't match what I see but thought it was simply a case of the software getting ahead of the documentation.  Now
I'm not so sure.

After clicking the View button the Analyzed Documents window pops up listing the xml files
but I cannot locate any *.xmi files nor a directory called "processed".

Thanks,
Andrew.