Hi,

Sunil N wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem un/marshaling the following:
>
> <books>
> <book.name>
> <sample.element attr1=value1 attr2=value2>some value</sample.element>xyz,
> <sample.element attr1=value1 attr2=value2>some value</sample.element>abc
> </book.name>
> </books>

So you mean, this is the XML, you want to read? Actually it is not possible
with XStream, because XStream does not support XML in mixed-mode i.e. tags
embedded in plain text.

> the sample.element element are added when required depending on a business
> rule, If we do not have the sample.elements then we get the correct o/p
> i.e as follows
>
> <books>
> <book.name>
> xyz,
> abc
> </book.name>
> </books>
>
> but when we are using converter, we get the following o/p where we do not
> have the text xyz and abc as follows:
>
> <books>
> <book.name>
> <sample.element attr1=value1 attr2=value2>some value</sample.element>
> <sample.element attr1=value1 attr2=value2>some value</sample.element>
> </book.name>
> </books>
>
> what do we need to do in retain all info?
>
> We are using jdk 6, spring and xstream.
>
> Any clues or solution provided is much appreciated.

XStream is designed for "Java to XML and back". It does not generate XML in
mixed-mode and using XStream's readers, the behavior is simply undefined
from XStream's point of view and depends on the underlaying XML parser.

You may have a look at https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/XSTR-548 where Ken
Arnold attached an enhancement, that does support mixed-mode XML for certain
XML drivers.

However, I cannot say anything about the configuration/setup of this
functionality in Spring. Spring integration is done by the Spring people, I
cannot help with it at all.

- Jörg