Hi Ingvar,

Ingvar E.  wrote:

> Hello.
> I am new to the concept of serialize/deserialize. I need to deserialize
> several serialized menu items received in XML format on a Blackberry phone
>
> 1. Is it workable?
> 2. Any suggestion on how to set it up and use it would be very helpful.

Actually I have no idea about Blackberry. What kind of Java environment is
available there?

Do you have a console to run
java -classpath xstream-1.4.3.jar com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.JVM
?

Typically you're running with a limited set of classes and an active
SecurityManager. Therefore I expect it to be necessary to overload XStream's
initialization methods (setupXXX) to strip down all the stuff to available
types and functionality.

- Jörg