Hi Mica,

Mica Cooper wrote:

> FYI,
>
> I think by targeting Android, your missing the boat. While clients may use
> Android, I know of zero server platforms using it. The platforms serving
> data, processing, etc will use the older Java, and some still are on 1.1,
> 1.2, and 1.3.
>
> JDK 1.4.2 had a .19 release not to long ago and JDK.1.4.2.30 for Solaris
> is supported, not EOL.

Well, you two have been the first ones who complained that the current 1.4.x
version does no longer run OOTB on Java 1.4 ... after 2 years. We had a lot
more complaints about XStream not running on Android and we got immediately
feedback, when I broke Android in HEAD some weeks ago.

> Thank you for pointing towards the MAVEN so we can set this up. Appreciate
> the work you do.

Thanks. And as stated on the XStream home page, we'll keep the 1.4.x series
buildable with Java 1.4.

Cheers,
Jörg