I'm getting this exception:
[exec]Causedby:com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:Cannotdeserialize
 objectwithnewreadObject()/writeObject()methods [exec]----Debugginginformation
----[exec]class:com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.AttributeMap[exec]required-type
 :com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.AttributeMap[exec]converter-type
:com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableConverter[exec]path
:/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.SignedDocument/template/template/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.NodeImpl/default/ownerNode/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.ElementImpl/default/attributes
 [exec]line number
:1183[exec]class[1]:com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.ElementImpl[exec]class[2]:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.MyTemplate[exec]converter-type[1]:com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter[exec]class[3]:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.SignedDocument[exec]version
 :1.4.5[exec]-------------------------------

I know that the problem is that the xml file was created under JDK 6 and since
we've updated to JDK 7, the reflection-based converter broke.  I did not write
this code and have no experience with XStream though, so I am not sure how to
create the custom converter.  The xml I'm trying to unmarshal from is a mess.
It's got an element named "template" of a certain class type that is a child of
another element with the same "template" name but with a different class type.
And within the inner-"template" element are all these sub-elements called
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.NodeImpl,
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.ChildNode,
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.ParentNode,
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.ElementImpl.  I just don't even know
where to start or what class I'm supposed to try to create a custom converter
for.